Lomochrome Purple first impressions

Lomochrome Purple has been on my list of dream films to shoot. I would love to shoot 35mm, but in Australia finding it at a reasonable price is hard, as many stores are out of stock, and ebay will charge you half an arm and a leg. So I bought 110 film, which I've never shot before, and used it with my Kodak Brownie Camera (circa 1980). I'd also never used this camera before, and perhaps it was naive of me to go in with high expectations of this film and camera, considering I've never shot with either of them before. I guess I'm an optimist. 

I got 15 usable photos out of the 24 shots, and I was honestly underwhelmed by how they turned out. They weren't the dream colours I'd seen other people shoot, and while the grainy nostalgic look is something I like in film, the added blurriness that seemed to come with this particular shoot wasn't something I enjoyed. 

But then there is post shoot editing. And while I generally try to avoid editing my photos in post, editing was the only thing that was going to save this shoot. At the end of it all I (mostly) like what I have.















Comments

Popular Posts