small shoots and the short stories they tell

As a lover of instant photography, I really like being able to do small shoots, and having something rewarding to show for it right now. They're almost always with my son, just goofing around, and this past week I've cracked out my Mini Evo, Lomo Instant, and Polaroid 600. Three very different cameras, that offer very different things. Honestly, I rarely use my Lomo Instant anymore, because it's too easy to waste film, and especially with a toddler to follow around, I've gotten a lot of blurry shots and shots of random body parts because he moved just as I took the photo. The Mini Evo is better for everyday photography, and the digital element means I can pick and choose which photos I like before I print them. The Polaroid 600, as always, is a classic instant camera, but being old, it's temperamental, and I often get weird spots or streaks in my photos.

This week I had a lot of fun playing around with all 3, and these are the results. 

Lazy Art Day   

Shot with the Fuji Mini Evo, and some kaleidescopic lenses





Green Magic

Shot with the Fuji Mini Evo, and Manfrotto Lumie with a green filter 




In An Instant
Shot with the Lomo Instant Automat

Theo shot these, with a little help from mum. 


Butterflies
Shot with a Polaroid 600, and Manfrotto Lumie with an orange filter




Comments

Popular Posts