Lomo Smena 8M, a Soviet-era camera

As someone who loves multiple exposures in photography, but who isn't necessarily good at them, when I discovered the Lomo Smena 8M I decided, perhaps irrationally, that I had to buy it. It already had 2 things I love going for it. 1, it shot multiple exposures on film, and 2, it's vintage. 

While I might not be any kind of expert at shooting multiple exposures, I enjoy taking them. Sometimes you get happy accidents, and I enjoy experimenting with different ideas, even if they don't work out. 

In late 2019 I moved house and the film had been in limbo for 4 years, until last week, when I accidentally stumbled upon it while looking for something else. Naturally I had to go get the roll developed. 

The results of that roll are a pretty mixed bag. Some turned out beautifully sharp, and the others definitely look more artisticly blurry. Overall I'm pretty happy, and will definitely be taking the Smena 8M out again. 

The Crisp





The Artistic 








Blurry







Comments

Popular Posts