Sol 45: Slow photography

Since I started studying photography I've become more interested in lenses, and have ended up purchasing a few second hand, because holy hell lenses are expensive to buy brand new. One of the lenses I recently purchased off ebay is the Lensbay Sol 45. Essentially it's a 45mm art lens that gives wicked bokah to the photos by default. In theory, it sounds great. In reality, using it is one hell of a learning curve. 

For most of my photography I am a point-and-shoot camera kinda girl. I am, for the most part, a lazy photographer. Everything about the Sol 45 is manual, and every picture requires tweaking of the manual settings, for either the ISO or the shutter speed, moreson than other manual lenses I've used. 

The Sol 45 is slow photography. And it's beautiful photography when you get the composition right. Today I used it for taking photos of flowers, plants, and some street photography. I would love to try it out for some creative portraits one day, somewhere with lots of flowers, or a cool textural background. 

These are the best of what I took today. 





















Comments

Popular Posts